Thanksgiving is a time for friends, family and holiday feasts. While the kitchen is where the holiday magic happens, it can be a danger zone without careful caution. The United States Fire Administration estimates that over 2,000 residential fires are reported each Thanksgiving, with cooking fires (69%) as the leading cause.
Keep yourself and loved ones safe by following essential steps such as:
- Staying in the kitchen while food is cooking
- Always having a potholder, oven mitt or lid nearby
- Keeping the cooking range free of clutter
- Making sure smoke detectors are working and in each room
- Not wearing loose fitting clothing when cooking
BELFOR wishes you a happy and safe Thanksgiving!