For the victims caught up in or affected by a fire, whether at home or work, it can be one of the most traumatizing and frightening experiences. The speed and ferocity of a fire makes you feel truly vulnerable and can cause huge amounts of damage and loss to property.
The damage caused by fires doesn’t end when the flames have been extinguished. When dealing with fire damage, families often see their prized possessions and the roof over their heads destroyed, leaving them searching for a safe place to shelter. Meanwhile, businesses can find themselves in financial struggles and unable to trade. Prompt fire damage restoration can hold the key to limiting the emotional and financial struggles caused by a fire.
According to the latest numbers from the National Fire Protection Association, a structure fire is reported every 65 seconds. When the alarm sounds, emergency responders and fire departments answer the call for help with quick and decisive action. When the smoke clears, BELFOR’s fire restoration services team remains ready to help with the same rapid response – 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
What Is Fire Damage Restoration?
The first 24 to 48 hours after fire damage are known as the “golden hours” of recovery. An effective emergency response that quickly stabilizes the facility ensures the recovery of as much property as possible. The acidic soot and smoke damage that is often produced in fires accelerates the deterioration and corrosion of building components and vital assets. To compound the problem, fires are most frequently extinguished with dry chemicals or water. Plus, the toxic smoke odor left behind must be neutralized and deodorized.
The fire damage restoration process includes mitigating damage, providing smoke damage cleanup and water restoration as quickly as possible after the damage first occurs. Beyond the visible structural damage, contents inside the structure must be evaluated for recovery based on a number of factors including:
- Replacement Cost vs. Restoration Cost
- Effect of Smoke and Heat
- Loss of Use
- Loss of Value
- Decreased Life Expectancy
- Sentimental Value
BELFOR’s fire restoration services can include emergency board-up, demolition, Soot Removal Film application, deodorization to mitigate smoke odors, and complete reconstruction.
Count on BELFOR’s fire damage restoration services to answer your call.
What Does Fire Restoration Look Like For Me?
The fire damage restoration process differs entirely depending on the type of property, severity of fire damage your property has suffered, and the amount of time passed since the fire.
BELFOR will take the following steps to assess and restore your property:
- Assess the extent of the property and contents damage.
- Take action to prevent further damage.
- Decontaminate the property from smoke, dust and soot.
- Restore the contents and property to their pre-fire state.
For those who have suffered at the hands of fire damage, fire restoration can help bring their property back to its former glory, without the need for replacement. BELFOR’s specialist teams will do everything in their power to help minimize the loss and inconvenience caused by fire damage, helping you and your business or family resume normal life as quickly as possible.
You can find out more in-depth details about BELFOR’s recovery service and process by reading through our fire damage restoration page.
BELFOR Supports Local Fire Departments
We also work closely with local fire departments and are often called in to help with fire damage efforts shortly after the fire is extinguished. Support services include:
- Emergency board-up and site containment services: securing the property/premises and preserving the scene from further fire and smoke damage.
- Work under the direction of Arson Investigators to assist fire damage restoration services safely: secure evidence, debris manipulation, transport and storage, etc.
- Supply cranes and other heavy equipment to clear paths, allow for aerial photos, expedite hauling, and other fire damage restoration needs.
- Shoring and moving of materials to help secure safe entry of fire department and authorized personnel in the fire damage restoration process.
- Provide lighting, dumpsters, emergency power, etc.
- Application of board-up decals if required to reduce visual eyesore of burned structures.
BELFOR is a proud member of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
Some things – like a rapidly moving wildfire – are just beyond your control. Every year, wildfires cause extensive and catastrophic loss to property owners, businesses and other resources.
BELFOR’s fire restoration services are on your side, 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, with Wildfire Response Teams to help you recover. We maintain strong relationships with emergency management personnel and insurance companies so that when the smoke clears and it is safe to do so, we are on-site to begin the recovery process.
When everything is unpredictable, you can count on BELFOR. Call 800-856-3333 for help.