Water Extraction and Drying
Water damage within your property can cause a whole host of issues and lead to serious structural problems and damage to property if not dealt with quickly and efficiently. The rapid deterioration of property can be reduced with quick and effective intervention.
At BELFOR, our professional water removal services are some of the best in the business and can provide you with peace of mind, safe in the knowledge that your property is in safe hands and receiving the best care possible. Using professional water drying equipment, BELFOR will ensure damage to your property is minimized as quickly as possible and will soon be returned to its normal state.
Why Do I Need A Water Removal Service?
When your property has suffered flood damage, it can be tempting to try and deal with the water extraction and cleanup process on your own. However, without the necessary equipment and specialist knowledge, this can lead to further problems. Structural drying is a scientific process that requires professional water damage training and the use of specialized instruments. This means that calling a professional water removal service is vitally important to help ensure a full recovery for your property.
Some contractors and resources may claim that a quick fix can be made on your property. This carries a risk as any residual water left after the water extraction process has been completed can still cause damage to a property if left untreated. Even with proper drying equipment in place, carpet can take 24 hours or more to dry. Moderately wet drywall can take 1-3 days. Hardwood flooring, plaster, concrete and wood may require 7-10 days to dry. Contractors and claims professionals that promise to dry buildings in three days are ignoring scientific principles.
BELFOR's Professional Water Removal Services
Why choose BELFOR’s professional water removal services? BELFOR water damage technicians are highly trained in psychrometrics, the science of drying, and always use IICRC S500 industry standards for professional water damage restoration. Knowing who the right people are to take on your water removal job is an important part of any flood preparedness plan.
Our water damage restoration techniques include:
- Source Elimination – The first step of any water removal process is to find the source of the water and ensure it’s completely stopped.
- Identifying Type and Extent of Damage – We’ll inspect the building and asses what kind of damage has occurred, where it occurred and to what extent.
- Evaluating The Loss – The evaluation stage involves assessing the type of water (Category 1, 2, or 3) and level of contamination, as well as deciding what stays and what goes based on those factors. The categories of water can be split into the following:
- Category 1 – This originates from a sanitary source such as broken water supply lines, tub or sink overflow without contaminants, or falling rainwater.
- Category 2 – This type of water contains significant contamination from sources such as dishwashers or washing machines overflow/discharge, toilet bowl overflow (some urine, no feces) or a broken aquarium.
- Category 3 – This is grossly contaminated and can contain pathogens, toxins, or other harmful agents; sources include sewage, waste line backup or flooding from seawater, rivers, and streams.
- Water Removal – Once the situation has been assessed, it’s important to begin water extraction as soon as possible. Extraction is used to remove standing water and evaporation is used to remove excess moisture that remains.
- Drying – Once the water has been removed, effective drying must be carried out as quickly and thoroughly as possible. Both the environment (structure/area) and materials (carpet, drywall, contents) must be dried out.
- Antimicrobial Application – This isn’t necessary in all water damage scenarios, but can be used on a case-by-case basis and depends on level and risk of contamination.
- Loss Mitigation – We’ll work together with you to limit the potential for any additional damage to occur in the future. This can include things like moving or raising furniture and securing or removing other belongings that could be impacted by prolonged exposure to excess moisture.
Following these scientific processes means that BELFOR can assure you that your property has been thoroughly dried and cleaned, decreasing the risk of any further problems occurring from the water.
Emergency Water Extraction From BELFOR
Our technicians are trained to seek out hidden water damage. Water can flow or be captured in seemingly unlikely places. Undetected, it can quickly turn into future problems. All wet materials are identified through moisture inspections involving:
- Infrared Technology
- Electronic Moisture Detection Instruments
When determining what it will take to dry your property, we use a mathematical formula based on many different variables including:
- Impacted square footage?
- Impacted cubic footage?
- What is wet?
- Are materials saturated or damp?
- How many air exchanges are required?
- How many air movers are required?
BELFOR also has the industry’s most extensive inventory of drying equipment – air movers, air scrubbers, dehumidifiers, moisture meters, thermal imaging cameras, thermo-hygrometers and more. We have a large fleet of semi-trailers loaded with equipment and supplies that are strategically positioned around the country for rapid response.
Professional Dehumidifiers and Water Drying Equipment
Exact and reliable data is critical. Using moisture meters with exclusive proprietary software, technicians carefully measure moisture content and the extent of water damage. We also monitor and document the drying process on a daily basis until optimal drying standards are met. This means the use of professional water drying equipment plays an integral part in our water extraction and drying process.
As a General Contractor, our knowledge of both drying and construction allows us to make the most beneficial choices for our clients.
Professional Dehumidification Services
Dehumidification removes moisture from the air and prevents secondary water damage from condensation. At BELFOR, we use sophisticated dehumidification equipment. This means we can produce effective drying results and eliminate environmental concerns.
Once again, attempting water removal at home, even if you’re using professional or industrial dehumidifiers does not necessarily mean that all water will be effectively removed from the property. Having a fully trained professional team, such as those from BELFOR, carrying out this work is the only way to guarantee full removal of water.
Having had your property damaged by water, quick and effective extraction and drying is of paramount importance. The clock starts ticking from the moment water enters the property, making it vital that you get in touch with a professional emergency water extraction team from BELFOR as soon as possible. In the event of an emergency, contact our 24-hour emergency hotline on 800-856-3333 and let our team step in.