Deck the Halls with Safety!
Festive decorations are a great way to get your home, yard or office in the holiday spirit! As you hang your ornaments and string up the lights, it’s important to take special care and ensure that your traditions stay protected!
Let safety burn bright this season with top tips from the National Safety Council:
- Never place lit candles near trees, curtains or any flammable material
- If using a natural tree, make sure it’s well hydrated to avoid dry, flammable branches
- Stand your tree away from fireplaces, radiators and other heat sources
- If using an artificial tree, be sure that it’s fire resistant, has been tested & is certified with an Underwriters Laboratory (UL) label
- Avoid using breakable ornaments
- Only use indoor lights, indoors & outdoor lights, outdoors
- Use no more than three sets of lights on any one extension cord
- Turn off all lights and decorations when going to bed or leaving the house
- Securely fasten outdoor lights to avoid wind damage