Restoring property damage is our core competency and our passion. Being the global leader in property restoration requires innovation. Instead of just reacting to disasters, we aim to redefine disaster recovery with innovative services – and to continuously push the boundaries of what is possible.
BELFOR is committed to innovation through research and development. The goal is to make recovery and repair efforts more efficient in the customer's best interest. More efficient means more sustainable, more effective, more economical – and faster.
We employ Certified Restorers and Chemical Engineers who help create new and improved processes for technical restoration. Several proprietary products (anti-corrosive solutions and restoration methods) have been developed and copyrighted.
For example, our Technical Support team developed what is known as Soot Removal Film. The idea came from the restoration sector, where experts have long been using latex to restore monuments to “their former glory.” Transferring this process to soot removal was BELFOR’s idea.
Technical Support further developed it and prepared it for use on items damaged by fire. In the soot removal film process, the soot is drawn off of contaminated surfaces into the film. This reduces the time needed for repair operations, cuts any operational downtime and saves costs.
Other innovative services include:
- Shrink Wrap Protection
- Industrial Ultrasonic Cleaning
- Mobile Freeze Dry Technology
- Electrostatic Surface Disinfection
- X-ray Film Separation Process
- Restorative Air Wash Process
- Thermal and Infrared Camera Utilization
- Drone Camera Inspection
- Robotic HVAC Inspection and Cleaning
- Electronic Moisture Meter Software
- Non-degrading Anti-Corrosives
- Proprietary Cleaning Agents
- Wind Power and Turbine Decontamination