Wallingford, CT Fire & Water Damage Restoration
Professional 24/7 Residential and Commercial Restoration Services
An unexpected fire. A pipe burst in the attic. Heavy rains and flooding from a hurricane. Snow and ice during a winter snowstorm. Disasters can strike anytime, anywhere. Homes and businesses can be devastated in minutes. What would you do? The answer is simple, stay calm. Call BELFOR Connecticut.
Whether you live or work in Fairfield County, northern Connecticut, southern Connecticut or eastern Connecticut, BELFOR Connecticut’s professional restoration teams are ready to respond to your loss around the clock.
We have successfully completed restoration services for residential and commercial clients in the area. After a fire at a residential condominium complex destroyed several units, our emergency restoration crews were able to get tenants back in their homes quickly and efficiently. “BELFOR delivered what they promised. They restored the units with the least amount of disruption to the rest of our condo community,” said Barbara T., resident and Condo Board Member. BELFOR Connecticut has restored damages at a large casino complex, at several universities as well as churches and synagogues in the area.
Our Wallingford restoration professionals have assisted BELFOR’s National Disaster Team during regional catastrophes after Hurricane Irene and Superstorm Sandy. We restored many clients’ properties damaged from the recent New England Polar Express, which caused significant freezing, flooding and ice damming to the region.
We provide a full-range of disaster restoration services including: emergency response, water damage repair, water removal, flood restoration, fire damage restoration, soot and smoke damage services, storm damage repairs, wind damage restoration, industrial dehumidification, structural cleaning and decontamination, mold remediation, environmental services such as hazardous waste removal, lead removal and asbestos removal, duct cleaning services, vital document and paper recovery, machinery and equipment restoration, semiconductor services, reconstruction, consulting and more.
BELFOR Connecticut is a proud member of several professional organizations including:
- Building Owners and Managers Association
- Connecticut Apartment Association
- Connecticut Association of Health Care Facilities
- Connecticut Lodge Association
- Connecticut National Association of Housing & Redevelopment Organization
- Connecticut Restaurant Association
- Institute of Real Estate Management
- International Facility Management Association
- New England Healthcare Engineers’ Society
- Professional Insurance Agents of Connecticut
GM Mike Cody Receives Industry Awards
BELFOR Connecticut General Manager Mike Cody recently received three prestiguous industry awards including:
- Allied Member of the Year from the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Greater Hartford Chapter for the second consecutive year. The award recognizes Mike's continual support, participation and sponsorship of the Greater Hartford BOMA Chapter. The Greater Hartford Chapter, the first chapter in New England, encompasses an area from Springfield, Massachusetts to New Haven, Connecticut. Their mission is to represent the following: the commercial real estate owner/developer, the commercial real estate professional, and the associate members through leadership, advocacy, information gathering, and distribution of this information to all members.
- Member Professional of the Year and Vendor of the Year from the Connecticut Apartment Association (CTAA). These awards recognize Mike's excellence in building customer relationships and integrity, and BELFOR Connecticut's excellence in product quality and customer service. The CTAA leads the apartment industry in providing quality housing by educating, advocating and connecting property owners, managers and vendor partners.
- Friend of the Year from the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM). Mike was recognized for his outstanding dedication and commitment to the Connecticut chapter and its members. The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) is an international community of real estate managers dedicated to ethical business practices, maximizing the value of investment real estate, and promoting superior management through education and information sharing.
Mike began his career in 1996 and joined BELFOR in 2011. As General Manager, he is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Connecticut office. Mike's expertise includes dehumidification and climate control, smoke/odor removal, full-service general contracting, document recovery, structural and content cleaning, large loss scheduling and project management.
Connecticut Licenses: MCO 0902208, HIC 613688
BELFOR Connecticut Donates To Children's Medical Center
BELFOR Connecticut presented a check to the Connecticut Children's Medical Center for $11,188.96 to help with pediatric care. The proceeds were raised at the BELFOR annual golf tournament, a yearly event that receives generous sponsorships from vendors as well as help from client volunteers.
Connecticut Children's Medical Center is a nationally recognized, 187-bed not-for-profit children's hospital serving as the primary teaching hospital for the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine.
CTAA Professional Member of the Year Award
BELFOR GM Mike Cody (front center)