- Compliance with laws and regulations
For acquisition and use of the User’s personal information and for all other handling of personal information, the Company will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the provisions of the Telecommunications Business Act that are related to secrecy of communications, other related laws and regulations, guidelines related to personal information protection in telecommunications business, and the Policy.
- User information that will be collected, and method of collection
(1) In the Policy, “user information” is information for identification of the User, behavior history in communication services, and other information that is related to or accumulated in the User’s terminals or the User on terminals such as the User’s smartphone and PC, and it refers to information that the Company will collect based on the Policy.
(2) The user information that the Company will collect in the Services will be information such as the things below, in accordance with the respective method of collection.
- Information provided by the User
- Company name
- E-mail address
- Other information that the User enters in the entry form stipulated by the Company
- Information that will be provided by another service as a result of the User permitting collaboration with that other service in use of the Services
- The ID that the User uses for the relevant external service
- Other information of which the User allowed disclosure to the collaboration partner through the privacy settings of the relevant external service
- Information that the Company will collect in order for the User to use the Services
- Cookies and anonymous ID
- Location information
- Information provided by the User
- Purposes of use
(1) As stipulated in (2) below, user information will be used for the purpose of provision of the Services, and it may be used for other purposes as well.
(2) The specific purposes of use of user information for service provision of the Services are as stated below.
- For acceptance of registration related to the Services, identity verification, maintenance, protection, and improvement
- For things such as providing information related to the Services and handling inquiries, etc.
- For the Company’s service improvement
- For handling actions that violate the Company’s terms, agreements, guidelines, and policies, etc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Terms, etc.”) related to the Services
- For giving notification about things such as changes of the Terms, etc. related to the Services
- For purposes of use that are incidental to the purposes of use stated above
- Method of notification, public announcement, or acquisition of consent, and method of requesting cessation of use
(1) For the user information below, the User’s consent shall be obtained before that information is collected.
- Terminal information
- Location information
- Provision to third parties
Except for cases in which disclosure is allowed based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations, the Company will not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the User’s consent in advance. Provided, however, that this will not apply for the cases stated below.
- Cases in which the Company will consign all or a portion of handling of personal information within the scope that is necessary for accomplishment of the purposes of use
- Cases in which joint use will be conducted with a group company of the Company or with Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd., which is a partner company
- Cases in which personal information will be provided in association with succession of business because of a merger or another reason
- Cases in which it is necessary to cooperate with a national government organization, a local public entity, or a party that has received consignment from a national government organization or a local public entity in order to perform clerical work stipulated in laws and regulations, and there is a possibility that obtaining the User’s consent will cause hindrance to performance of that clerical work
- Other cases that are allowed under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations
- Disclosure of personal information
When a request for disclosure of personal information has been made by the User based on the stipulations of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Company will confirm that it is a request by the relevant User and then conduct disclosure to the User without delay (when the relevant personal information does not exist, the Company will give notification of that fact). Provided, however, that this will not apply in a case in which, based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations, the Company does not bear an obligation of disclosure. Please understand in advance that the Company charges a service charge for disclosure of personal information.
- Correction or suspension of use of personal information, etc.
(1) (a) In a case in which, because of a reason that personal information is not the truth, the Company has received a request from the User for correction of the content of that information based on the stipulations of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, or (b) in a case in which, because of a reason that personal information is being handled beyond the scope of the purposes of use that were publicly announced in advance or a reason that personal information was collected by using a falsehood or other dishonest means, the Company has received a request from the User for suspension of use of that personal information based on the stipulations of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Company will confirm that it is a request by the relevant User and then conduct the necessary investigation without delay, conduct correction or suspension of use of the content of the personal information, based on the result of that investigation, and notify the User of that fact. When, based on a rational reason, a decision has been made to not conduct correction or suspension of use, the Company will notify the User of that fact.
(2) In a case in which elimination of the User’s personal information has been requested by the User, if the Company judges that it is necessary to respond to that request, the Company will confirm that it is a request by the relevant User and then eliminate the personal information and notify the User of that fact.
(3) In a case in which, based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations, the Company does not bear an obligation for something such as correction of suspension of use, the provisions of (1) and (2) of this article will not be applied.
- Safety management measures
The Company will strive to maintain the User’s user information in a state of accurate and up-to-date content, and it will take the necessary and appropriate safety management measures in order to protect such information from unauthorized access, manipulation, leaks, destruction, and damage.
- Handling when leaks occur
In a case in which something such as a leak of the User’s user information has occurred, the Company will conduct appropriate handling, such as promptly notifying the User of the facts.
- Office for inquiries
If you would like to provide an opinion, ask a question, make a complaint, or make other inquiries related to handling of user information, please contact the office stated below.
- Address: Kasai Truck Terminal-D, 2nd Floor, 4-3-1 Rinkai-cho, Edogawa-ku, Tokyo 134-0086
- Trade name: BELFOR Japan Customer Service Center
- Telephone number: 03-5667-3150 (Hours when calls are accepted: 9:00am – 6:00pm, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, and the end-of-year and New Year period)
- Email: email@example.com
The Company shall appropriately reconsider the state of operation related to handling of user information and strive to make continuous improvements, and it may change the Policy as necessary. In a case in which a change has been made, the Company will notify the User by a method such as notification on the homepage or by sending e-mail. Provided, however, that in a case of a change of content for which the User’s consent will be necessary based on laws and regulations, the User’s consent shall be obtained by using the Company’s prescribed method.
BELFOR (Japan) Co., Ltd
Effective Date: 25 May 2022
Last Updated: 25 May 2022