Fire Damage Restoration
The speed and ferocity of a fire can cause huge amounts of damage and loss to property.
When the alarm sounds, emergency responders and fire departments answer the call for help with quick and decisive action. When the smoke clears, BELFOR’s fire restoration services team stands ready to help with the same rapid response – 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
The acidic soot and smoke damage that is often produced when fires are extinguished accelerates the deterioration and corrosion of building components and vital assets. To compound the problem, fires are most frequently extinguished with dry chemicals or water. Plus, the toxic smoke odour left behind must be neutralized and deodourized.
How Do You Repair Fire Damage?
The fire damage restoration process includes mitigating damage, providing smoke damage cleanup and water restoration as quickly as possible after the damage first occurs. Beyond the visible structural damage, contents inside the structure must be evaluated for recovery based on a number of factors including:
- Replacement Cost vs. Restoration Cost
- Effect of Smoke and Heat
- Loss of Use
- Loss of Value
- Decreased Life Expectancy
- Sentimental Value
Professional Fire Damage Restoration Services
BELFOR’s fire restoration services include:
- Emergency Board-Up
- Site Containment (safety barriers)
- Smoke and Soot Removal
- Thermal Deodourization
- Complete Reconstruction
Count on BELFOR to provide professional fire damage restoration services.
Fire Department Support Services
We also work closely with local fire departments and are often called in to help with fire damage efforts shortly after the fire is extinguished. Support services include:
- Emergency board-up and site containment services: securing the property/premises and preserving the scene from further fire and smoke damage.
- Work under the direction of Arson Investigators to assist fire damage restoration services safely: secure evidence, debris manipulation, transport and storage, etc.
- Supply cranes and other heavy equipment to clear paths, allow for aerial photos, expedite hauling, and other fire damage restoration needs.
- Shoring and moving of materials to help secure safe entry of fire department and authorized personnel in the fire damage restoration process.
- Provide lighting, dumpsters, emergency power, etc.
- Application of board-up decals if required to reduce visual eyesore of burned structures.
Some things – like a rapidly moving wildfire – are just beyond your control. Every year, wildfires cause extensive and catastrophic loss to property owners, businesses and other resources.
BELFOR’s fire restoration services are on your side, 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, with Wildfire Response Teams to help you recover. We maintain strong relationships with emergency management personnel and insurance companies so that when the smoke clears and it is safe to do so, we are on-site to begin the recovery process.