Out Of Harm's Way
At BELFOR, we are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment. We strive to ensure that our operations are performed without accidents, injury, occupational illness, or negative environmental impact.
Health and safety are common threads of BELFOR's values. We have no higher priority than the safe execution of our operations.
In the U.S. alone, BELFOR has over 100 dedicated employees working in the Health & Safety Department .
Every BELFOR employee must adhere to the Health and Safety Policies and Procedures of the company and take personal responsibility by:
- Embracing an attitude that demonstrates the importance of safety and health on our operations;
- Providing safe and healthy work conditions with a focus on preventing accidents, injury and occupational illness - keeping our work areas free from recognized hazards;
- Complying 100% with all Federal, State, and local health and safety rules, regulations and laws;
- Improving health and safety communication - reporting incidents and potential hazards;
- Promoting continuous improvement in BELFOR's Health and Safety Program.
Our commitment to this effort also includes:
- Required Initial Safety Training for All Employees
- Participation in Daily Toolbox Training at All Job Sites for All Employees and Subcontractors
- Additional Required Weekly Safety Training for All Employees
- Mandatory Participation in Monthly Safety Conference Calls for All Employees
- Offering Both OSHA 10-Hour and 30-Hour Courses - Free of Charge - to All Employees
- Offering Additional Safety, Health, Environmental and Other Training - Free of Charge - to All Employees
Training & Certifications
Training is key to our success. BELFOR is committed to having the most well-trained personnel in the restoration industry, and invests more than $1 million annually in training programs to support that commitment.
To ensure consistency of procedures and protocols, BELFOR University offers a variety of required and "encouraged" training classes and certification programs to all employees. Our company has a full-time Director of Training as well as numerous regional trainers who are IICRC and OSHA certified trainers.
Examples of certifications achieved by a majority of our key team members, dependent upon responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Water Damage Restoration
- Health Care Construction (HCC)
- Mold Remediation
- Asbestos Awareness
- Lead Renovator
- Carpet Cleaning
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Blood-borne Pathogens
- Commercial Duct Cleaning
- Respirator Protection Program
- Confined Space Training
- OSHA (10-40 Hour)
- 10 Hour HAZMAT
- Harness Training